1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
I am sure I did lots of things, but there is nothing that comes to mind right this moment. Moved to Saint Paul?
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Not really sure if I even made one. If I did I doubt I kept it.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
My aunt gave birth to my little cousin Stella.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
United States of America.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
Financial Stability. A girlfriend.
7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
When I moved from Chicago to Saint Paul.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Salary at my old job.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not taking advantage of the time with my friends in Chicago.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
All of my friends, because they are amazing.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The owner of the company I used to work for.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My birthday. It was amazing.
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Far away by Jose Gonzales.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Sadder.
ii. thinner or fatter? Same.
iii. richer or poorer? Poorer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Look for a better job. Spend time with friends.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Sit at home on the computer.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent it with family and it was really great.
21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favourite TV program?
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
25. What was the best book you read?
Batman: HUSH. Maybe Scott Pilgrim. Haha.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I don’t know. More of the same.
27. What did you want and get?
I wanted to move closer to my family, and I got it.
28. What was your favourite film of this year?
Inception. Scott Pilgrim. More? Much more I am sure.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 25. My 6 best friends took my on a surprise birthday. First we went to Texas de Brazil, and then walked to Berry Chill where they had two dozen Peanut Butter Cupcakes from Sweet Mandy B’s waiting for me. Then we hung out the rest of the night. My happiest moment this last year.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I wish I was still near 5 of those friends.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
32. What kept you sane?
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
35. Who did you miss?
The people of Chicago. Amanda. Nicole. Trev. Ben.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
I really got to know Alex, and I miss her.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:
Don’t be hasty.
I plan on doing some sort of year end retrospective. Possibly even a list of some sort.
Don’t mind me. Just be prepared to learn about my year.
I was wearing the “I have given up” beard. Now that I have shaved my neck I have the “I still don’t give a shit, but I’m a lumberjack so fuck you” beard.
Got early lunch at Mickey’s diner in Saint Paul this morning. Old Chicago roommate was in town visiting, so before he headed out we got some food.
Love that place.
Tonight I have to work. I don’t want to, but it is the better of my two jobs, so I am glad that I only have to work there. About to have a long weekend in which I will feverishly look for a new job. Maybe something in an office. Maybe something that pays a livable wage. Should have found a really good job before I moved. Lesson learned.
Love you, and please say hi. Let’s chat. Let’s get together. Let’s get coffee. I’d love to. I have time. I am a interesting person. With hobbies. I love adventure.
I hear you do to.
I think my mom finally gave up on trying to get my family to church on Christmas because we inevitably fell asleep, and my sister and I were like the Rivers on the Red Carpet - just being completely snarky and laughing at people.
Yeah. When I wasn’t asleep. I was staring at my sister until she laughed. My dad slept the whole time I think. Then I made hand puppets for a while with my mom. I guess none of us wanted to be there, but my mom still felt that we had to go.